Author Interview: AE Pattion
1. What is your Name and/or Pen Name? Allison Pattion/A E Pattion
2. Is there a special story that explains how you got your Pen Name, if you have one? I felt that using my initials and last name sound more like an author. I originally was going to use my first and last but I like the shorter version.
3. Who is your Favorite Writer/Author? My favorite authors are David Pelzer, Wahida Clark, Zane, Blake Carrington, Nicety, Anna Black, Tiece, Charmanie Saquea, Ni-Ni Simone, Deja king, and numerous others.
4. What is your Favorite Book/Book Series? My favorite book/series are A Child Called It, Zane books, Kimani Tru series, Wahida Clark books, Side Chic Series, Country Boyz series, Anna Black books, Checkmate series, Official Girl series, Already Taken series, Ride Wit’ Me, and Single Ladies series.
5. What made you decide to be a Writer? I began writing to help mysef cope with life. I wrote my first fiction story as a young child about ten, but began writing poetry in college do to deep sadness of the heart. It has evolved in to writing books for others to view as an adult.
6. Who/What inspires you the most to be a Writer? My inspiration comes from the simple need to write. I cannot function in life without writing my heart.
7. What do you find has been inspiring your Stories and Characters? My stories whether poetry or urban fiction is inspired by life. The ways I feel about life and the stories that I conjure up in my mind.
8. What do you ABSOLUTELY have to have with you while you are Writing? I absolutely have to a laptop or computer. I cannot create productively with just pen or paper. I seem to flow better with an electronic device and can produce chapters versus just paragraphs with an ink pen.
9. What kind of Music do you listen to, if any? Favorite Singer/Band? I can write with R and B music and the television on. It really doesn’t matter because I tend to isolate any background noise.
10. What is your Favorite Research Tool? My favorite research tool is Google and a thesaurus.
11. What is your favorite part of Writing a Story/Novel/Song/Poem/Article? My favorite part of writing is when I reread a story and I have shocked myself at how expressive and intriguing it is. Its as if I am reading it for the very first time.
12. What is your favorite Genre to Write/Read? My favorite genre it write is poetry and to read is urban fiction. I am currently working on expanding into urban fiction writing.
13. If you could only Choose 5 Novels, for the rest of your life, which ones do you choose?
A Child Called It, any Wahida Clark Book, Coffee Will Make You Black, A Hood Story, and any Tiece book.
14. If you could meet any Writer, Living/Dead, who would it be? David Pelzer
15. What do you most want to Accomplish as a Writer? I hope to accomplish all of my goals as a writer. I would like to spark the interests of readers and tell a story that is both livable and life altering in a positive way. As a writer I want to most accomplish being a published author.
Where You Can Find AE Pattion
Facebook Email: Allison.email@example.com