Author Interview: Jeremy Breitenbach
1. What is your Name and/or Pen Name?
2. Is there a special story that explains how you got your Pen Name, if you have one?
No pen name.
3. Who is your Favorite Writer/Author?
4. What is your Favorite Book/Book Series?
Favorite books are all by Stephen King – IT, Cell, 11/22/63, Carrie, Cujo, The Shining, and many of his short stories.
5. What made you decide to be a Writer?
I started writing stories for fun at age 15 and really enjoyed it so I kept at it getting better and better.
6. Who/What inspires you the most to be a Writer?
7. What do you find has been inspiring your Stories and Characters?
My love of science fiction and in the case of one of my children’s books, Tim’s Story (which will be the next book I’m publishing with Broken Bars Publishing) the story told in Contemporary Christian Music artist Steven Curtis Chapman’s song “When Love Takes You In” (getting the basic idea for the story from the song; a book about a kid who becomes an orphan creating the plot and characters myself). Other ideas just come to me.
8. What do you ABSOLUTELY have to have with you while you are Writing?
Nothing except for my BrailleNote which is what I do my writing on.
9. What kind of Music do you listen to, if any? Favorite Singer/Band?
Christian music and Country music. Favorite Christian artists: Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, Chris Tomlin, TobyMac, and many more. Favorite Christian groups: Kutless, Casting Crowns, MercyMe, and many more. Favorite Country artists: Collin Raye, George Strait, Keith Urban, Blake Shelton, and many more. Favorite Country groups: Lonestar, Rascal Flatts, Diamond Rio, and many more.
10. What is your Favorite Research Tool?
Haven’t had to do any research as of yet.
11. What is your favorite part of Writing a Story/Novel/Song/Poem/Article?
Envisioning the story in my head as it would appear if it were a movie as I write it. I find that this also helps in the writing process.
12. What is your favorite Genre to Write/Read?
Genre to read is horror, and genre to write is horror (so far).
13. If you could only Choose 5 Novels, for the rest of your life, which ones do you choose?
IT, Cell, 11/22/63, The Shining, and To Kill a Mockingbird.
14. If you could meet any Writer, Living/Dead, who would it be?
15. What do you most want to Accomplish as a Writer?
Entertaining and encouraging people with my books.
Jeremy Breitenbach’s Author Page on Facebook