Author Interview: Amy Stark
1. What is your Name and/or Pen Name?
2. Is there a special story that explains how you got your Pen Name, if you have one?
It’s my name.
3. Who is your Favorite Writer/Author?
I have a few. Bryan Davis, Melissa Marr, Mary Pope Osbore, Frank Beddor
4. What is your Favorite Book/Book Series
It’s hard to choose one.
Wicked Lovely Series, Graveminder, Looking Glass Wars, Dragon In Our Midst Series, Oracle of Fire Series
5. What made you decide to be a Writer?
It’s my way of expressing myself and escaping. My mom died
when I was fifteen years old and that helped me get through it.
6. Who/What inspires you the most to be a Writer?
My kids, family, friends
7. What do you find has been inspiring your Stories and Characters?
Life, observing others, not wanting to be like everyone else and make it stand out.
8. What do you ABSOLUTELY have to have with you while you are Writing?
9. What kind of Music do you listen to, if any? Favorite Singer/Band?
Depends on mood. I like a variety.
10. What is your Favorite Research Tool?
Bing, wikipedia, dictionary
11. What is your favorite part of Writing a Story/Novel/Song/Poem/Article?
Being in the moment and feeling like I’m there and not where I’m at.
12. What is your favorite Genre to Write/Read?
poetry, romance, fiction, fantasy
13. If you could only Choose 5 Novels, for the rest of your life, which ones do you choose?
I wouldn’t be able to choose just five because I love to read.
14. If you could meet any Writer, Living/Dead, who would it be?
15. What do you most want to Accomplish as a Writer?
To catch the eye of my readers and for many to read my books. I want them to feel something.
Amy Stark’s Author Page on Facebook